Beauty, Fashion, Life, Food.

Saturday 16 June 2018

Top 5 things to do in Amsterdam


I have now visited Amsterdam twice and have enjoyed it so much both times. I would recommend to anyone who is thinking about it, it is really so pretty and you will not be disappointed. For anyone going there or thinking of it I have compiled a list of my top 5 things to do when in Amsterdam! Enjoy!

1. Canal Cruise- Both times I have been to this beautiful city I have cruised along the canals with the company Lovers Canal Cruise. Don't pay attention to the name it is not a romantic cruise, but I learnt so much about Amsterdam and the construction of the city and would definitely recommend the company (especially for only €16 per person!)

2. Anne Frank House- Unfortunately, when I went to Amsterdam the first time my friend and I left it too late and did not manage to get tickets to the Anne Frank House tour and museum. However, this time my boyfriend and I went on the website a month in advance and managed to get some, the tickets sell out quickly so if it's something you really want to do book it early. It is extremely emotional and so difficult to even fathom what it would have been like for her and her family however, it is something I would highly recommend to teach yourself more about the history of the city and about Anne Frank and her family.

3. The Red Light District- I have now visited this area both in the day and the evening and I have to say it is a lot busier in the evenings (as expected). However, it is something you have to see whilst you're there.

4. Sex Museum- I have now visited this museum twice and it is such a funny place to go have a look around and you learn some interesting things as well! It's cheap, easy and cheerful.

5. Rijksmuseum Gardens- Although the art museum itself is quite expensive and something I was personally not interested in either time, the gardens and the area around it are so beautiful. I would definitely recommend just sitting down in the gardens and having some time to relax, it is really pretty.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig