Beauty, Fashion, Life, Food.

Wednesday 6 June 2018

My In-Flight Travel Essentials


Having just come back from a small holiday and leaving for another one in a week, I have been getting bits and pieces together to put together my in-flight travel bag. I am an extremely nervous flyer and therefore, like to be nice and organised to make my flying experience as easy as possible. So, I thought I'd share with you what I take in my in-flight travel bag! Enjoy!

1. Passport/boarding pass- May seem like common sense but I'd say the easiest things to forget, especially as a nervous flyer as you have so much else to think about. I like to put my passport and boarding pass together in a little holder so I'm not rooting around my bag in the airport.

2. Hotel check in/accommodation information- Again, something you might forget as you panic about the flight ahead but obviously extremely important. Luckily, you can normally have some kind of email so all you need is your phone. But, it is easier to be organised and star the email or even print it off and put it with your boarding pass so you know exactly where it is when you arrive at your hotel/accommodation. 

3. iPad/Laptop- On a short flight especially, you're going to need some kind of entertainment, it also helps me count down how long of the flight I have left to go e.g. 2 more friends episodes and we'll have landed! So, I like to download some good movies or tv shows and I can watch them and forget I'm even on a plane! 
 
4. Phone- This is mainly important to me if I'm away from my family. I like to text them just before we take off and as soon as I land so they know I'm ok. But, it is also nice to again keep yourself entertained with some fun phone games. 

5. Chargers- This is more crucial for the airport, say your flight gets delayed or something, you might have to use your in-flight entertainment before the flight has even boarded. If you have your chargers with you in your hand luggage you know you don't have to worry about your things running out of charge and can keep yourself entertained in the airport. 

6. Tissues- You do not realise how important tissues are til you don't have any on you. Most of the time you won't even use them for you it'll be for someone around you but trust me, someone will need them. 

7. Medical supplies- The most important ones I always take are paracetamol (I get such bad anxiety induced headaches), Kalms (these seem to work wonders to calm me down) and my inhalers, However, you can also take ibuprofen and plasters and anything else you can think of, similar to the tissues you might not use them but someone else will for sure. 

8. Headphones and adaptor- Thanks to apples new innovation, for many headphones you'll need an adaptor, I always leave mine attached to my headphones and that way I never forget it! 

9. Book- Sometimes you don't want to watch another movie or play another game, and a book is another form of great entertainment. I love reading, especially on holiday and starting a really good book on the plane is a great way to pass the time. 

10. Tampons/pads- Although you are normally aware of your body, sometimes you never know. I would hate to be stuck on a plane with nothing to use so I always make sure to carry some tampons and pads in my bag because similar to the medicine, even if you don't need it someone else might! 

11. Purse- This is something most people always have in their bag anyway but it's a gentle reminder, especially because duty free is a god send.

12. Hand sanitiser and Lip balm/hand cream- Just some things I always like to carry around with me, incase the toilet has run out of soap or anything of the sorts, you know you'll be ok. 

13. Mints/chewing gum-
This is mainly for take off and landing, to try and stop your ears popping but also make sure you're breath is still minty fresh even after a long nap.

14. Snacks/drinks- Normally, all I can eat on a short flight is the Pringles (I do like Pringles a lot though) so I like to take my own snacks. There are so many places to grab snacks in the airports and make sure you have plenty to drink.  

15. Pen- I always carry a pen with me anyway because you never know when you or someone around you will need a pen, but I always make sure I have one in a airport or on a flight because again, you never know! 

16. Sunglasses- Only really essential if you're going on a sunny holiday but always good to have on the top of your hand luggage on the other side so you can get to them easily and start your holiday!

I hope this checklist is handy for you and has helped you remember some vital things for your flight ahead! Have a good holiday!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig