Beauty, Fashion, Life, Food.

Sunday 6 August 2017

CUBA- My Travels


Cuba is fastly becoming a popular tourist destination due to it's extremely interesting history, incredibly different culture and amazing beaches (just thinking about the beaches is giving me holiday blues!!). I was lucky enough to spend 2 whole weeks in this amazing place this summer and I wanted to share my experience, I hope you enjoy! 
When I was told by my family Cuba was our summer holiday destination I was a bit hesitant mainly due to the 9 hour flight as I am definitely not keen when it comes to flying! However I tried to put that fear behind me and get excited for somewhere completely different to anywhere I had seen before. We booked the holiday and with a few other families and couples started our travels.  

THE FLIGHT...     
      Now this was my first time ever flying outside of Europe and also on a long haul flight and I am telling you now it was the best flying experience I have ever had! I hate flying, planes and everything about airports but I had no time to be nervous due to all of the inflight entertainment. I ended up watching loads of movies on the flight (one being Moana for the 10th time) and with the unlimited amounts of food and alcohol they were bringing round I was definitely on cloud 9. It was the best start to the holiday! 

HAVANA...
      Our first stop was Havana which is the older part of Cuba. Although it felt like I was stepping back in time to the 1950's it was one of the most eye opening places I have ever been to. With the 1950's cars and very limited internet I honestly was taken aback by how differently they lived. We started the trip with a tour around Havana and the Old Town which included seeing Revolution Square and the bar in which Ernest Hemingway drank many Mojito's. We also visited a cigar and rum shop, which although almost gave me an asthma attack, was a very fun experience. The tour was my favourite part of our 4 days in Havana as I learnt so much about the history of the country and although we got hit by a rainstorm it was so humid I was praying for the rain to come. While in Havana we also attended Cabaret Tropicana which was an extremely fun evening full of singing, dancing and rum! The dancers were incredible and the show was an experience I will never forget and highly recommend. Eventually it was time to leave and we moved on to our second part of the holiday which took place in Varadero. 

VARADERO...
      This was the all inclusive, beach, pool, relaxing portion of the holiday and although I enjoyed Havana I am not a city girl and the relaxing nature of Varadero was definitely preferred by me. We spent 10 days here and I spent most of them reading really good books on the most amazing beaches I have ever seen in my life. The sand was a crisp white and the sea was clear water which slowly faded into a turquoise abyss and it was blissful. While in Varadero we also went into the town and were taken on a tour in a pink 1950's Cadillac which was such a fun experience. Going into the town was extremely eye opening, peoples houses were falling apart, some had no doors or windows but everyone seemed in such high spirits, singing, dancing, drinking, smiling and getting on with their day to day lives. It was so interesting and something I'll never forget to this day. Material things aren't a source of happiness when so many people live happily without it. We also went on a boat trip that took us to a small island with an even more amazing beach than by our hotel. The sand was like powder, you drank Pina Coladas out of pineapples and went snorkelling in the clearest water I have ever seen. Overall my experience in Varadero was relaxing, eye opening and a time I will never forget.

So, that was my Cuban experience, I was so lucky to go to such an amazing place and am so grateful I got to experience everything I did. Thank you for reading and I'll chat to you soon! 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig