Beauty, Fashion, Life, Food.

Saturday 6 January 2018

My Top 5 Vegan Restaurants and Options

I'm not sure if this is something I have mentioned on my blog before but I have been vegan for 3 years this year! 3 years ago all I could eat in restaurants were salad and chips, with nowhere near where I live having specifically vegan options. However, with it being veganuary and veganism now being so popular I thought I would share some of my favourite amazing restaurants that have specifically vegan options and menu's and so people know how easy it is to eat out as a vegan! Enjoy. 




The Lounges:
 
       Luckily I have a lounge that is only 20 minutes away and it is one of my favourite places to go, especially for the breakfasts. The Lounges are located in so many places around the country however if you can't find one under that name a very similar chain with an almost identical menu (I think they're linked but I'm not 100% sure) is the Cosy Club. My favourite things to have from The Lounge are, The Vegan Breakfast, Patatas Bravas, Falafel and Hummus Ciabatta and the Sweet Potato Falafel Burger. While writing this I've seen they've added even more to their menu so another trip is required very soon!

Zizzi: 

      This is a more recent addition to my favourite place to go for a vegan meal. I completely accidentally stumbled upon the vegan pizza option about this time last year and it has been my go to place for a nice cheesy pizza from then on. Again being a chain restaurant there is normally a Zizzi's in every city so go and enjoy! My favourite things to get when I eat here are, the Vegan Garlic Bread, Classic Vegan Margherita Pizza, the Vegan Spaghetti Pomodoro and something I definitely need to try is the new Vegan Dessert Calzone. I would highly recommend Zizzi if you have a non vegan partner or family, they have amazing options for everyone.

Bella Italia: 

      If you can't already tell, I am a big fan of Italian food! I chose this restaurant for one specific reason... the Morello Cioccolato I crave this dessert on a daily basis and although it's extremely rich it is one of the best vegan desserts out there. My other favourite thing to eat from here is the Vegan Bruschetta and the Classic Pomodoro. Again, this is another great option for both vegans and non vegans.

Cafe Thrive: 

      This is a fairly new restaurant that I found when I came to university, unfortunately it is only in Southampton, but if you're close to the area you definitely need to pay a visit. The first thing I noticed about this place is that they did vegan milkshakes with... squirty cream! This was a dream come true for me and lets just say I've literally tried every flavour (order cookies and cream if you go!). They have a lovely bakery which I have yet to try anything from but it always looks delicious and they have new options daily. This is the same with the menu, they'll add a 'special' or 2 that lasts a week, for example this week it was breakfast muffin with tofu 'egg' and sausage etc. however my favourite special was the Thrive Fried Chicken and Hot Dogs. If you're going to try it out I would recommend the Thrive Sausage Sandwich and TLC Sandwich, The 'Meaty' Burger and any of the Pizzas and Desserts, this place is just vegan heaven! They also have an amazing children's menu if you want to have a nice vegan family meal out.

Nando's:
   
      I didn't use to like the veggie/vegan option at Nando's it just didn't taste nice to me, however since they have introduced their new menu I am loving it! My usual order is, The Vegan Garlic Bread, Spicy Rice, Side of Chips and the Sweet Potato and Butternut Wrap and I am stuffed to go (bearing in mind, I normally share this with my boyfriend, I couldn't eat this all alone!). Having a boyfriend who eats meat with every meal makes Nando's a good option for us as we both get to enjoy what we like.

      So, these are some of my favourite vegan options from mainly mainstream restaurants! As a disclaimer, I know many people do not agree with vegans eating/giving money to large corporations like these as they do arguably negatively affect the animal industry. However, I think it is great that vegan options are being included to menu's at regular restaurants and are so easily accessible so more people can try them and realise the food is just as nice and better all round. Having come from a mainly meat eating family (although that is now changing!) and having a meat eating partner having these options has made my life a lot easier and therefore I thought I would share. Anyway, thank you for reading I hope you enjoyed!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig